Georgia Aquarium team members come from many walks of life and contribute to our overall goals of conservation, education, and entertainment in many ways. The purpose of the Training Programs department is to provide training and education for all Georgia Aquarium departments, both guest facing and behind the scenes.
The intern will have the opportunity to shadow Training Programs staff during the development and facilitation of classroom and digital-based learning experiences which include topics such as animals & conservation, hospitality, safety, and professional development. Interns will assist with Georgia Aquarium orientation and welcoming new team members, compile and update training materials to reflect the newest research and information available, and work with departments to identify their specific and unique training needs. The intern will collaborate with staff and contribute to the overall strategy and mission of Georgia Aquarium as it relates to the training and development of all team members. By the end of the internship, the intern will be educated in the fundamentals of a corporate training program and have refined their skills in both digital and direct instruction.
Schedule: 4 days per week, including at least one weekend day.
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 28
- Semester: Fall
- Application Deadline: August 15
- Semester Dates: September - December
- Semester: Spring
- Application Deadline: December 15
- Semester Dates: January - April
- Semester: Summer
- Application Deadline: April 15
- Semester Dates: May - August
Additional Application Requirements:
Major in science, education, instructional design, instructional technology, communications, hospitality, psychology, human resources or related field
Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Self-starter, team player
- Technologically savvy; proficient in both Apple and PC platforms, MS Office.
- To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.