Guest Programs: Public Education
The Guest Programs: Public Education intern will learn the key components of creating memorable and engaging guest experiences as it relates to programming and public education opportunities throughout Georgia Aquarium. Interns will shadow staff, including managers, to develop an understanding of hospitality, educate guests of various ages and knowledge levels about our living collection, and execute daily programming at Georgia Aquarium such as behind-the-seas tours, gallery narrations, and celebrations. The intern's involvement in these programs may vary by semester. This will include training and development of interpretive methods and hospitality while also working with Lead and Management teams on programming objectives. At the end of the internship, the intern will learn the fundamentals of hospitality, interpretive methods and guest experience while completing a semester-long project.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
Schedule: 3-4 days per week including at least one weekend day. Shifts will be based on Georgia Aquarium’s operational hours which may include mornings, afternoons, or evenings.
Minimum Required Hours per Week: 30-40
- Semester: Fall
- Application Deadline: August 1
- Semester Dates: September - December
- Semester: Spring
- Application Deadline: December 1
- Semester Dates: January - April
- Semester: Summer
- Application Deadline: April 1
- Semester Dates: May - August
Additional Application Requirements:
- Pursuing or completed degree in biology, psychology, education, recreation, hospitality, or a related field.
- Possess strong interpersonal, presentation, computer, and writing skills.
- Must be an independent worker and team player.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- To apply, email resume to: email@example.com.